Saturday 9 February 2013

AND NOW FOR SOME VERY GOOD NEWS!

A message from Malik's Father .......

Good Evening Folks!

Today was the most emotional day for me.. Why?You might ask,

I have been in tears for the better part of the day, and that thanerks to some really awesome doctors that are and have been dealing with Malik. Today he had another check-up scheduled, and although his counts were still on the down side, we had THE BEST news we have had in a long time!

I'm serious, I couldn't contain myself, and while trying to calm down and let the news sink in, and giving thanks to Our Father for His hand in all of this, I was deeply overwhelmed.

So, I guess I should share this Good News?

Today, Maliks doctors revealed that they are extremely happy with Malik's progress. So happy, that he will probably not have to complete the full treatment cycle they had planned for! They want to do ONE more session, which depending on his counts, might have to be split in two, but then, he IS FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will then schedule another MRI and Lumber-punch, after that session, and then we will know if he is cancer free, or in the clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am fighting back the tears as I write this out of pure joy! Its almost unreal...

The road ahead will be a challenge. He will have regular visits to his Dr, and there are talks of physio, and we will have to get him back to where he was physically when all of this started. The good news is, he is well on the road to RECOVERY!!!!!!!!!!

Praise God Almighty!

Thank you to each and everyone of you who have shown your support, prayed and sent their best wishes to Malik, they were and are sincerely appreciated.

I said in the beginning of the year, that this was going to be a Good Year, and so it is!!! Keep following us, and lets be the change!

The Proudest Father.


Carl Dentry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, we have finally enabled commenting on our blog so that you can all post messages of encouragement and best wishes to Malik and his family. Please respect each other and remember that it is all about Malik. Thank you